Monday, October 3, 2011

Q&A with Jennifer Malone Wright author of The Birth of Jaiden!


Q. How do you come up with your stories?
Jennifer: My stories usually start with just an image or an idea. But, really, everything gives me ideas for the stories. Most of the time the original idea evolves into something much different than I had originally intended it to be.
Q. Who inspires you?
Jennifer: I’m inspired by great authors like Anne Rice, Stephen King and Nora Roberts. I know that these are authors that everyone says they are inspired by…but I guess they are inspiration for so many because they are really that good and we would all like to be like them. They have all inspired me for different reasons though, like…Anne Rice, her attention to detail makes you feel like you are walking right beside the characters and feeling what they feel, smelling what they smell. Not everyone can pull that off with such perfection.
Q. Does writing come easily for you?
Jennifer: Yes and no. This is a tough question because writing does come easily to me in some ways. I get tons of ideas, I don’t have a problem creating characters or world building, but I do have problems figuring out plot sometimes. The creative part is easy for me, it’s just the technical part of writing that I don’t like. The editing and all that is something I constantly struggle with, I’m not very good at it and am always learning to make myself better.
Q. If you could meet one author who would it be, and why?
Jennifer: I think if I was to pick one author it would be Nora Roberts. That woman has sooooo many books out, I want to know how she does it. I love, love, love her stories and I’m not normally a romance reader, but Nora Roberts usually entwines a bit of paranormal into her stories and that is my favorite genre. I have a ton of questions I’d like to ask her too.
Q. How was writing The Birth of Jaiden different than writing your other books?
Jennifer: Well, The Birth of Jaiden was my first book, the only other ones out are my short story series on ebook only called The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter. I’d say the differences between those was obviously, The Birth of Jaiden is a novel whereas the others are short stories. Also The Birth of Jaiden was written in the third person. The Birth of Jaiden has a lot of characters it follows around too, so that was really different for me. But, really I don’t have anything else to compare it to.
Q. What books do you like to read?
Jennifer: I will normally read anything I can get my hands on. But, my preference is paranormal thrillers and paranormal romance. Anything with a paranormal twist is great. I’m not really that picky.
Q. What is your favorite book?
Jennifer: This is a hard question for me because I don’t have a favorite anything. I’ve been asked this quite a bit about what is my favorite book, who is my favorite author, what is my favorite song and I can’t answer because it’s always changing. If I had to pick one book though, that I read when I was young that I still love, it would be The Stand, by Stephen King.
Thank you Jennifer for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer all these questions.
If you are interested in the giveaway please respond to this post. You have until Wed October 5th to do so then I will pick 2 winners. One for a free ebook and one for a free bookmark.

Thanks!
Amber

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Jennifer I have and always be a nora roberts fan I have purchased alot of her books
    Vampgrl74@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS VAMPGRL74@GMAIL.COM You are the winner! I sent you a message on facebook for an address :)

    ReplyDelete