Thursday, October 13, 2011

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury (Book 1 of the Bailey Flanigan Series)


What is it about Karen Kingsbury's books that make me cry? I mean we are talking UGLY FACE Cry! Maybe I'm emotional or sappy or sentimental. Whatever. I love Karen Kingsbury for writing books that touch your heart! Her books are full of joy and sadness at the same time. Yes this is a Christian Fiction book. And I like reading them because well they are good reads and for me her writing style makes it a fast read as well. I start reading them and get so into the story I don't put them down or before I know it I've just read 5 chapters.

This is the first book in the Bailey Flanigan Series. It is also a continuation of the Baxter Family series. Which were WONDERFUL books and I loved all of them. I think I read the first 5 of the series in about a weeks time. Then finished another 5 lol. Anyway Bailey Flanigan is trying to make it as a Christian Actor/Dancer. She won a roll in a movie called "Unlocked" (which Karen Kingsbury has a book by the same name) She is in love with Cody Coleman and they have broken up. She is heartbroken and confused about all of it. The whole book is pretty much about how much she loves him and misses him. In the movie Unlocked she stars with a guy named Brandon Paul who is a new believer and claims to be in love with Bailey. Bailey is very torn about what to do. Months after her breakup with Cody she starts feeling like maybe something could happen with Brandon but doesn't know yet. She gets offered a roll in the Broadway Musical "Hairspray" and is going to move to New York. What will happen with Cody and Brandon and who will she choose? And will her light shine brightly for Jesus on Broadway?

I rated 4 stars because it did keep me entertained and I will read the next 3 in this series of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment