Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon





How in the world do I review this book? I'll do my best.

This book had to be the strangest yet most intriguing book I have ever read. From the beginning I was sucked in and wondering what would happen next. 15 years ago Lisa went missing from the woods behind her house. It is said that the woods are haunted. The only thing that remains are foundations from a town that existed long ago. Legend has it everyone who lived in the town just vanished one day and only one baby boy was left behind. He grew up to be the town Doctor and was Lisa's Great-Grandfather. They also say that fairies live in those woods and to never believe a fairy because they lie. Phoebe is in love with Sam (Sam is Lisa's brother) and has strange dreams of a shadow man. Sam is hardheaded and has a realistic view of the world so to believe that the strange occurrences are just those and not have anything to do with The Land of the Fairies or Teilo the Fairy king is a bit far fetched for him.

In the end secrets are revealed that I know I wasn't expecting and it left me saying OH MY GOSH. I hope the author is writing a follow up. I MUST know what happens!

I rated this a 4 star. Because it really did hold my attention. And the ending. WOW. I don't want to give any spoilers but what a CRAZY way to end it! Good Job Jennifer. I think you have a new fan in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment