Sunday, March 11, 2012

Matched and Crossed by Ally Condle

Matched: This book came highly recommended to "The Hunger Games" fans. So I thought ok I'm going to try this out. From the beginning it was like an addiction. I started reading and was in this world that Cassia (the main female lead) lives in. The whole time thinking I can't imagine! Having my whole life chosen for me. Not getting to make my own decisions or picking who I want to marry. In this society people that choose to be matched do so on or around their 17th birthday. They all wear the same clothes and their food is prepared for them. Anyway Cassia is matched to her Best Friend Xander which is strange because it is not very often you are matched with someone so close. They are basically neighbors. When Cassia goes to view her card (everybody gets a card with info on their match) another face pops up and its not Xanders. Its Ky Markham's face and she knows him too. Now she is curious about Ky and wonders about him and who her match really is supposed to be. Cassia drove me nuts at parts because she was just so undecided. She knew what she was feeling and it should have been admitted long before it was. Good book! Here is a summary: Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow. Rated 4 Stars!!
Crossed: review Book 2 in the "Matched" trilogy. I rated 4 stars even though in my opinion it wasn't as good as book one. BUT I still liked it. It was entertaining and had excitement. Plus now I can't wait for book 3 so I can find out what happens. New characters are introduced and I found myself growing attatched to them as well. Here is a summary of the book: THE SOCIETY CHOOSES EVERYTHING. THE BOOKS YOU READ THE MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO. THE PERSON YOU LOVE. Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him. And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to he wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope. But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems . . . A REBELLION IS RISING. And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything. Rated 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment