Saturday, May 12, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth

In case you haven't noticed I have been REALLY into the dystopian genre. I LOVED this book. I found it super easy to follow and flew through it pretty quick. I can't imagine being as brave as the main character and leaving my family and joining a new faction. Its been a few weeks since I read this and I will try my best to remember everything I can. Beatrice aka Tris is the lead character. When you turn a certain age you test to find which faction suits you the best. Tris comes back as "Divergent" which isn't a faction. She is told to keep it quiet and they recommend her for her current faction. Which she doesn't feel "selfless enough" to be in. She ends up going with a different faction then her family and leaves them behind. They get put through a series of test where they are tested repeatedly and pushed to their limits. In the end a big secret is revealed and Tris is in the middle of it. Its really hard to review this book without giving A LOT away. At least for me. I thought it was GREAT. And can't wait to get my hands on Insurgent! Book Summary: In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment